Friday, June 12, 2009

Potty training part 2

So, the second day of potty training went a lot more smooth.
He started out with a couple of accidents in the morning. When I found him with a wet underwear, I just exclaimed, "OH, NO....." and made a sad face. I was feeling pretty weary and stressed, so I cheated and put him in pull-ups. Within half hour, he had gone in the pull-ups. So, I made a sad face again, and said, "OH, NO....." Then 20 minutes later, he came up to me and told me, "Buddy doesn't go shee-shee." At first I thought he was simply telling me that he didn't need to go, but I realized he NEEDED to go when I saw him trying to pull down his undie. I guess the sad face and "oh, no" worked because next 3 hours, he stayed dry. Every 15 to 20 minutes, he would come and tell me, "Buddy doesn't go shee-shee." I was quite impressed that he got it so quickly.
Even though he did so well, he is back in his diaper today. I just couldn't do it any longer because I felt so overwhelmed. I had so many things I had to get it done, and I wasn't able to get hardly anything done while I was training him. I think I'll train him after we settle down in Japan and I think it'll work out much better for us. I'm so relieved that I don't have to run to the potty every 20 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment