Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Potty training

I could not wait to write/vent my day...
As I mentioned in my previous post, we sold the Civic. So, I don't have a car anymore. No more children's museum or Early Childhood Center for us. So, I thought, "why not potty train Yuki since I have nothing better to do!" I have been dreading this day. We purchased a potty about 3 months ago because Yuki was really interested in using a potty. He would use it here and there, but I was never mentally ready to start training him. I still wasn't ready to do it, but I felt that I should at least give it a try since we couldn't leave the house anyway. Boy, it was SO HARD!!!
First thing in the morning, I put a "big boy pants" on Yuki. He didn't seem too excited about it, but he agreed to wear it and to tell me if he had to go "shee-shee." My plan was to put him on a potty every half hour because that's what a lot of people told me to do. I set my timer. After 30 minutes, Yuki's big boy pants was already wet. So, I made him sit on the potty watching Elmo and Thomas. He sat there for almost an hour enjoying his show, and he finally went. Yay! I was so excited. I put a new underwear on him, and set my timer for 30 minutes. I was cleaning/packing when Yuki came running to tell me, "I wet." It had only been 15 minutes since the last "shee-shee." I put a new underwear on him again and asked him to tell me if he had to go. For the next hour or so, he used the potty every 15 minutes or so. Every time he went successfully, I jumped up and down, screaming "Yay!!! Good job!!!" He seemed to enjoy watching me so happy. I was thinking to myself, "He's going to get it by the end of the day. He'll easily be potty-trained in a next couple of days."
However, the next couple of hours, there were 3 more accidents. Ugh!!! oeajneidk*ewkn#kdn%keiwnd&kemd%kens (I'm not cussing. I'm just screaming...) After 4 hours of emptying and cleaning the potty(who knows how many times) and cleaning up the accidents while doing a couple of laundries, taking care of Aisa, eating/feeding lunch to 2 kids, cleaning the house and other chores, I was so done with this potty-training business. I couldn't wait to put him in a diaper and put him down for a nap. I was so drained mentally and physically. I think both Yuki and I were traumatized, and I'm so not up to doing this again tomorrow. But, I think I should try at least one more day and see how it goes.
Anyway, this blogging is quite therapeutic for me. I like it...

No comments:

Post a Comment